Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sleep and Other Mommy Fairy Tales

Well, here it is. I'm blogging again.

(I'll pause here so that you can applaud and then wipe the tears of joy from your eyes.)

I almost always have something to say, and since L still hasn't learned to appreciate my random stories (we're working on it), I'm sharing them with you fine folks! You're welcome.

In case anyone was wondering about the title of my blog (if you weren't, pretend you were), here's the scoop: while I was pregnant and after L was first born, I (like every other mom in the world, I'm sure) was constantly told "Make sure you sleep when the baby sleeps!" And at 4am, I (like every other mom in the world, I'm sure) often found myself wondering "And when exactly is the baby going to sleep???" Added to that was the fact that for months, L would only nap while I held him, bounced up and down vigorously, patted his back nonstop, and made ridiculously loud shushing noises*. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep for a very long time, and I still feel like someone owes me some naps.

Stay tuned for random stories from my life. But only if you want to. I promise I won't demand to know whether you've read my latest post next time I see you. I'm polite like that.




*This is only a slight exaggeration. 

Credit for the title of this post goes to my brilliant mom. She suggested it as a title for the blog, but thankfully, sleep is no longer a fairy tale for me. I got 10 hours of it last night! It was glorious.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! I LOVE blogs and I am sure yours will be sooooo fabulous! ;) Love you lots! I can't wait to hear about all of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be exciting I am sure!

    ReplyDelete