Friday, October 3, 2014

Introducing the newest love of my life

It's been a while since I've posted, but I have a good excuse. We have a little girl!! Meet my new little darling, Calista.



I had great intentions of announcing this sooner, but between staring at my little girl, and recovering from a c-section,


and my blood pressure randomly skyrocketing after she was born to the point that I was diagnosed with postpartum preeclampsia and almost had to be readmitted to the hospital, and trying to figure out how to balance caring for my newborn with giving my precious two-year-old son enough attention,


and nursing, and my OB suspecting that I might have a blood clot and sending me in for a CT scan (no blood clot - whew!), and staring at my little girl some more, and sleep deprivation, well... she's a month old now.

Can we please talk about how much I love these chubby cheeks and thighs? SO much!!
(I guess that was a pretty short conversation.)
Anyway, I have like five half-started posts that I might post someday, but here are some pictures that our friend Rebekah took of our new baby, our first baby, and my love and me.


(In case you want an adorable tutu like this, I bought it here.)



Ta da! My new and improved family!!

So... what's been going on in your life since I've been gone?

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

5 comments:

  1. ohmygoodnesssss she is so so precious! and chubby baby thighs are perhaps my favorite thing ever. congratulations and i am so happy that you both are healthy and happy. lucas looks so proud to be a big brother. that picture in the truck with the tutu? i think that may be the best baby picture i have EVER seen. it's genius.

    exciting news in my life: i'm pregnant! and seriously, the stories and pictures of your kids have me excited to be a mom. (and also really terrified if i'm being perfectly honest.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhhh!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      And thank you! Her thighs are perfect, and the truck/tutu idea will forever be the best photo idea I ever thought of. :)

      And seriously... Congratulations!!! When are you due??

      Delete
    2. Thank you!!!! :) :)
      I'm due March 13th so I still have a bit to go, but time is just flying. I'm almost reaching the halfway point in my pregnancy and I don;t know how that happened lol.

      Delete
  2. Oh GOSHHHhhh!!!! CONGRATULATION~!!!!!!!
    A NEW BABY GIRL!! HOW WONDERFUL FOR YOU!! ALL MY BEST TO YOUR LITTLE MIRACLE~
    ENJOY YOUR JOURNEY INTO PARENTHOOD AND HAVE FUN!!! ;D LITTLE KIDS

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's sooo scrumptious, I hope you're enjoying your gorgeous life & kiddies !! xx

    ReplyDelete