Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Happy 2nd Birthday to my little Elmo!

Lucas's birthday was actually last month, but I was busy hanging out next to my toilet, so I didn't post about it. Fortunately, I did manage to pull myself together long enough to celebrate my little man turning two!

Shirt by The Tiny Closet. Adorableness by Lucas.

Also, it has come to my attention that some people don't know this: if you sign your child up for the free Toys R Us Birthday Club, you get a $3 store gift certificate for their birthday every year, plus they get a free balloon and birthday crown when you bring them in to the store. Tra la!

Lucas really loves Elmo, so we did an Elmo-themed birthday party. For the record, if you search Pinterest for "Elmo Birthday Party," you will find approximately 90 billion ideas. Good old Pinterest. So I can't claim all of these ideas as my own. Thanks, creative people of the world!

My friends Sarah and Rebekah of Sarahbelle's Cupcakes made these delicious cupcakes. (They're the same ones who made the cupcakes for Lucas's necktie and bowtie party last year.)

Chocolate peanut butter, Oreo, and funfetti cupcakes. And my grandparents' wedding picture.
I had seen a really cute idea to make an Elmo fruit tray (on Pinterest, of course,) so I left some fruit and a tray with Dan's mom while I went to the store, and I came back to this:

How stinkin' cute is that?? I was very impressed! 
We served it with fruit dip (half strawberry yogurt, half  Cool Whip,)
and after the party started, the fruit was gone in under 30 minutes.
My mom and Dan's mom also hung up streamers and other decorations while I was at the store.


I wasn't really feeling up to making a ton of food, so we just ordered lots and lots (and lots) of pizza.

The Elmo plates and napkins are from Party City.
I found this "Place the nose on Elmo" game at Party City.

All of the kids got stickers as prizes, so Lucas is decorating the game with his prize stickers.
My favorite part was the treat bags.


In case you don't have the "Elmo's World" theme song memorized (lucky you,) one of the lines says "Elmo loves his goldfish, his crayon too." So I made little tags that said "Elmo loves his goldfish, his crayon too... Lucas loves that he got to share his birthday fun with you!" (I did actually come up with that part myself. High five, Bethany!) I got the treat bags from Party City, and inside each bag we put a bag of Goldfish crackers, a box of crayons, and a little notebook with an Elmo sticker on the cover.

And of course, there was my little man's adorable Elmo shirt!

I bought it here. Oh, how I love Etsy!
So, there you have it. Lucas's Elmo birthday party! Feel free to borrow any of these ideas, since I borrowed most of them from other people anyway. :)

3 comments:

  1. what an adorable little guy! Love the Elmo idea. Lots of Pin worthy stuff here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems to be an amazing birthday party and hope it will help me in arranging my cousin’s birthday party. Already booked one of lovely New York venues and hope to get unique decoration ideas. Wish to arrange a grand party for her.

      Delete